How Can Dental Bridges Restore Your Smile?
A bridge is a custom, fixed prosthesis that replaces one or more missing teeth. It enhance your smile, speech and chewing function. A bridge can be supported by natural teeth or implants.
While missing teeth can be embarrassing, having gaps can also lead to other issues such as poor jaw alignment or speech difficluties.
A dental bridge provides numerous benefits:
- Reinstates your ability to chew and speak properly
- Provides you with a full set of teeth – no more hiding your smile!
- Properly distributes biting forces
- Retains the position of other teeth
- Keeps your jaw function in order
Contact West Allis Dental Care to learn more about how dental bridges can restore your healthy smile. Call 414-258-2500 today to book a free consultation about your bridge treatment.
Bridges crafted at West Allis Dental Care are customized to accommodate each patient’s individual needs. Before creating the permanent bridge we meticulously examine the missing tooth and surrounding area and take an impression for the lab. The lab will create a bridge consisting of several customized crowns that can be made in three ways:
- Traditional bridges — the most common bridge type, traditional bridges are created using a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the missing tooth with a pontic (artificial tooth) in between. Traditional bridges are made from superior materials such as semi-precious or precious metals, porcelain or a combination of metal fused to porcelain
- Cantilever bridges — commonly used when adjacent teeth are present on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth
- Maryland bonded bridges — created from plastic and supported by a metal framework. This type of bridge is also referred to as a resin-bonded bridge or a Maryland bridge
While your bridge is being skillfully custom made you will be provided a temporary replacement. The entire process takes approximately two weeks, which culminates with the permanent bridge being cemented into place.
West Allis Dental Care performs quality dental treatments at affordable prices. In addition, we also offer a Dental Protection Plan – a supplementary program to help cover dental bridge work expenses that your insurance may not pick up.
We’ve been at the West Allis location since 1979 – let us bring back your smile!
Learn more about our affordable rates for bridges or our Dental Protection Plan. Call West Allis Dental Care at 414-258-2500 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.