When is a Dental Crown Necessary?
A dental crown or “cap” may be necessary to:
- Prevent a severely decayed tooth from breaking
- Restore a tooth with broken tooth structure
- Support a dental bridge
- Cover discolored or deformed teeth
- Restore a dental implant
Consult the professionals at West Allis Dental Care if you suspect a tooth is compromised due to decay or injury.
A crown can save your smile – contact West Allis Dental Care.
What Types of Crowns Are Commonly Used?
There are many types of crowns available:
- Metal — ideal for back molars, metal crowns rarely chip, break or wear down. Less tooth structure needs to be removed compared to other crown materials. Typically the metals used are gold alloy or a base-metal alloy such as nickel or chromium
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal — Porcelain fused to metal crowns can be used for either front or back teeth. They closely resemble natural teeth and are the most common crowns.
- All ceramic or all-porcelain — These crowns have very good esthetics. Ceramic and porcelain crowns are a good choice for front teeth.
Call the favorite dental team in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at West Allis Dental Care. Phone 414-258-2500 to book a free consultation about your crown treatment.